Hello… People, Today I am going to talk about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50+ Review.
When it comes to skincare, people’s first thought is about their faces. So finding the right sunscreen for your skin is not an easy task. With the thought of helping you in your quest, let us take a look at one of the most famous sunscreens in the Indian market, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50+.
As the summer comes, we’re all bracing ourselves for the blazing sunshine that not only melts our makeup but, in some circumstances, harms our skin too.
Extra tanning, blotching of the skin, and sunburn are only a few of the harmful effects of the sun rays. Wearing sunscreen is one of the simplest and most effective strategies to preserve our skin’s beauty and health at any age. Sunscreen, when used daily, may help prevent sunburn, skin cancer, and premature aging.
so now we will see some ingredients which contain in this sunscreen product.
see more: How to Use Fair and Lovely Instant Glow Facewash
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Ingredients
On the back of the Neutrogena sunscreen, you can find all the ingredients listed. These are all the ingredients of Neutrogena sunscreen:
- Ethylhexyl Salicylate
- Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane
- Potassium Cetyl
- Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer
- Glyceryl Stearate
- PEG-100 Stearate
- Caprylyl Methicone
- Cetyl Dimethicone
- Behenyl Alcohol
- Sodium Polyacrylate
- Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer
- Xanthan Gum
- Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer
- Disodium EDTA
- Ethylhexyl Stearate
- Polyaminopropyl Biguanide
- Diethylhexyl 2
for more: Dabas Organic Skin Glow Plant Collagen Day Defence Cream Ingredients
One of the most popular Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50 Ingredients detail is below:
- Homosalate is an ingredient used in many sunscreens and strongly protects the skin from UVB rays of the sun. However, it is not a strong protector of skin from UV rays and is not long-lasting and is therefore combined with other agents and chemicals for better protection.
- Benzophenone-3 also known as BP-3 is a chemical known for its long-lasting effects. Even though it does not provide much protection from UV rays, mixing it with other chemicals can give long-lasting protection from UV rays.
- Another major ingredient of this sunscreen is Silica. It is used to absorb oil and give a matte look to your skin. This is a very important part of Neutrogena sunscreen as it helps to absorb excess sweat and oil so that your skin always looks fresh and not greasy.
Click here: Lakme 9 to 5 primer ingredients
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Benefits
So now without knowing its benefit, you are exposing the sensitive skin on your face to unnecessary damage from sun exposure.
you must be wondering why there are many products like it in the market, so why should you pick this sunscreen especially. Well, the answers to your questions are as follows:
Go Here: The Bella Vita Organic Brand
- The sunscreen is dry-touch, this means it will give a matte look after applying.
- The PA+++ feature of the sunscreen is something to behold as it is one of the highest protection against sun available in the market. It is perfect for the harsh sun in equatorial countries such as India and hence will protect your skin from any damages from the sun rays.
- The SPF of this sunscreen is 50, which is also very high and perfect for people who have to spend lots of time in the sun.
- The protection against UVA and UVB rays provided by the sunscreen is broad-spectrum and hence prevents hyperpigmentation of the skin as well.
- One of the greatest benefits of this sunscreen is the protection of skin from premature aging and sunburn. You know the large patches of dark color on the faces of people who spent lots of time in the sun that is called sunburn. Sunscreen provides great protection to the skin in that regard.
Click here for more info: Pond’s White Beauty Night Cream Benefits
Features Of Neutrogena Ultrasheer Sunscreen
Now we will identify the features of this sunscreen that make it different from any other sunscreen on the market are as follows:
● The sun protector factor 50 provides strong protection to the skin from the sunlight.
● It protects unwanted tanning of the lighter skin to a large extent.
● The dry-touch technology which is one of the determining features of sunscreen prevents most of us get an oily looking after using sunscreen.
● The HelioplexTM technology provided in the sunscreen also helps in the protection of the skin from dangerous UV as well as UVB rays.
● The product is waterproof and hence becomes sweatproof. This means it will not run off even if you are engaged in physical activities and protect your skin.
● The product is oil-free and gives a matte look after application.
● Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is also paraben-free.
● The product is also hailed as a non-comedogenic cosmetic, this means it will not clog your pores after application.
Click here for more info: Vaseline Derma Care Cracked Heel Repair Cream Uses
The Neutrogena sunscreen comes in a tube of blue and white color. The tube has a screw cap which makes it easier to squeeze out even the last bits of sunscreen easily.
The consistency of the sunscreen is creamy and thick.
This makes it easier for application and blends well in the skin as well. The fragrance of the sunscreen is also not very strong, instead of is light and vanishes with time.
Click here for more info: Garnier Vitamin C Serum Review
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Review
The sunscreen is rightly called Ultra Sheer as it does not leave any remnants on the skin.
There is no white cast that most of the sunscreens leave on the skin.
The product also blends very well with the skin. You can apply makeup after applying the sunscreen easily and no one will know.
Read More: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Face Wash Review
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Clear Face Sunscreen Review
The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Clear Face Sunscreen is another variant of Neutrogena sunscreen. This sunscreen is specially formulated with Helioplex technology.
This means it is made especially for acne-prone skin. Since the product is non-comedogenic, it will not clog your pores.
The skin will remain clean and no pores will be clogged thus it will give no chance to your skin to face any kind of acne issues.
read review: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Face Wash Review
The consistency of the product is watery and almost like a gel, but not gel.
This means it will be very light on your skin and yet provide maximum protection from the sunrays.
The watery texture of the sunscreen will leave no traces on the skin and hence prevent any breakouts. It is perfect for both face and body.
Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry-Touch Sunblock For Oily Skin Review
in India, Most people have oily skin. so now we will talk about sunblock for those who have oily skin.
Oily skins are very prone to acne and pimples. On top of it, if you apply a sunscreen which is also very oily and thick, the skin will start to look slippery and greasy after some time.
It becomes very difficult for people with oily skin to choose a sunscreen that matches their skin type and most of the products on the market that are suitable remain out of the budget.
But, Neutrogena is a sunscreen that will solve your worry of finding a suitable sunscreen for oily skin.
Your skin will tan much less and the product feels light on the skin, almost non-existent.
read review: Best Sunscreen Creams for your Oily Skin
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock Uses
So now I will explain to you how to use this Dry-Touch Sunblock
This sunscreen has a variety of uses. Some of the uses are as follows:
- As the ozone layer depletes, damaging UV rays enter our surroundings. While the sun’s rays give the body vitamin D, prolonged exposure without the use of sunscreen lotions may be harmful to your health.
- Neutrogena sunscreen offers a wide spectrum of protection against UVA and UVB rays, shielding you from potentially harmful UV radiation that may cause skin disorders.
- Staying for a long period in direct sunlight can cause sunburn. The effects of sunburn are redness of the skin, itching, blotchiness and even peeling of the skin. The Neutrogena PA+++ protects the delicate skin from such effects of sunlight.
- One of the most harmful effects of UV rays is photoaging of the skin, which is characterized by a thick, leathery appearance, discoloration, and collagen breakdown. This will lead to creases, sagging, and the formation of wrinkles on the skin.
- According to studies, persons under the age of 55 who use sunscreen daily have a 24% lower probability of acquiring these indications of aging than those who do not. The Neutrogena sunscreen with SPF 50 appears to be an effective barrier against premature skin aging.
- Helps in decreasing the risk of skin cancer as well.
- The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen absorbs the harsh UV rays of the sun and prevents them from reaching the deeper layers of your skin, ultimately preventing you from the harmful effects of the sunlight.
- Even though tanning is popular nowadays, an uneven tan is never attractive. Also, tanned skin only looks perfect when it is done intentionally. Unintentional tan which is uneven most of the time gives off a bad impression.
- Tanning in direct sunlight is also very harmful to your skin. Neutrogena sunscreen prevents your skin from bad and uneven tanning as well as direct sunlight.
- Hyperpigmentation and blotching of the skin are very common occurrences these days. Neutrogena sunscreen with its high SPF and broad-spectrum protection will protect your skin from both of these issues and several other skin issues like red vein eruption on the skin.
Go Here: Best Sunscreens for Dry Skin
How To Apply Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+?
Now you must be thinking that how to apply Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+?. So Relax it’s very easy and simple. You can follow these steps to apply this sunscreen to your skin:
- One of the most important steps that everyone forgets is to apply moisturizer before applying sunscreen. So before applying the sunscreen make sure your face is properly cleaned and moisturized. Remember, sunscreen is not a moisturizer.
- After applying moisturizer, squeeze a good amount of sunscreen and apply it generously to your skin.
- If you are applying sunscreen on your face, do not forget the area of your neck as well.
- Ensure to apply the sunscreen on your face, neck, and all the exposed parts of your body a good 20 minutes before going out in the sun.
- If you are going for a swim or a strenuous physical activity that results in heavy sweating, make sure to re-apply with the sunscreen.
Learn More: How to use Mamaearth Ubtan Facewash
Benefits and Side Effects
- The sunscreen leaves no white cast after application.
- The SPF is very high, SPF 50 which gives ultimate protection from the sun’s rays.
- The product is very lightweight.
- The fragrance of the product is almost non-existent.
- The product is waterproof as well as sweat-proof and does not come off even if the skin is rubbed vigorously.
- The tub packaging is convenient to carry and very travel-friendly.
- The sunscreen will not cause any breakouts as it is oil-free as well as paraben-free.
read more: Good Vibes Rose Hip Face Serum Review
- The price of the product is high. It is higher than most of its competitors in the market.
- The product is oil-free, so it may feel a bit flaky for dry skin.
- The texture of the product is very thick, so you will need to apply lots of products.
Check out: WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Review
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen safe?
Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen has no paraben whatsoever in the product. There are no other harmful agents in the product as well. Hence it is completely safe to use. Although it is advised to keep the product away from the eyes as it might cause irritation and redness in the eyes.
Learn More: How to use Stay Quirky Liquid Lipsticks?
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen good?
The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is one of the most famous sunscreens on the market right now. It is oil and paraben-free, gives PA+++ broad-spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays, and even boasts the Helioplex technology, this means the product is perfect for acne-prone as well as oily skin.
It has SPF 50 as one of its defining features and provides strong protection from all the harmful rays of the sun. Therefore, Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is a good sunscreen to use.
read more: A Detailed L’oreal Paris Color Riche Le Stylo Smoky Eyeshadow Review
The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is non-comedogenic. This means it does not clog the pores of your skin. If the pores of your skin get clogged, it will cause acne and lead to the breakout of the skin. And because of the non-comedogenic nature of the skin, it will not clog the pores of your skin.
more: Nykaa Insta Dry Nail Enamel Review
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen paraben-free?
There is no paraben listed in the ingredients section on the product and the description of the product also claims to be paraben-free therefore Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is indeed paraben-free.
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer reef safe?
Many sunscreens use a chemical called oxybenzone. This chemical, when mixed with water at a lower temperature not only becomes a bleach but a very effective bleach too. This bleach will affect coral reefs in a very harmful way. The oxybenzone not only decreases the growth rates of the corals but the reproductive ability as well.
It can even affect the DNA of the corals leading to abnormal growth. Hence, oxybenzone in sunscreen should be prevented. Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen uses zinc oxide instead of oxybenzone. Therefore the product is perfectly safe for coral reefs.
find here: Kay Beauty Matte Drama Lipstick Features
Is Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen good for the face?
The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen provides strong protection from the rays of the sun. The skin of the face is very delicate and sensitive; it requires a lot of care and protection. If used with the wrong product, the skin will become damaged and start to age.
The skin can even break out and there is the risk of hyperpigmentation and blotchiness due to sunburn as well. The Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen protects the skin of the face from all such risks. It is oil-free and does not clog the pores of the skin, hence there is no chance of acne or any kind of skin breakout. Therefore Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is good for the face.
read more: Bella Vita Organic Eye Lift Under Eye Cream Gel Review
Few Final Words
Something important to share before leaving
This brings us to the end of the Neutrogena Ultrasheer Sunscreen SPF 50+ Review. Remember, even though it may not seem like it, sunscreen is very important for the protection of the skin.
Finding out the best sunscreen for your skin type depends upon your research. There are many factors involved in choosing the perfect sunscreen for you, like the type of your skin, the qualities and features of the sunscreen, the duration you need to stay out in the sun, and even the climate of your region.
Neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is one of the best sunscreens on the budget and is mostly suitable for all skin types. It is good for oily, mixed, dry, and acne-prone skin.
The above review and the FAQs are meant to answer most of your questions and help you in your quest to find the best sunscreen for you.