hey people, in this article today we are going to start discussing Lakme 9To5 Primer + Matte Perfect Cover Foundation review in 2022.
in this review, I found several topics for you.
- Side Effects
- And Many More.
Let’s Get Started
Before you go ahead and say that primer is nothing important and it’s just a way for cosmetic companies to make extra bucks, let us stop you right there. Primer and foundation are the basic steps of any makeup routine. It is something that goes beneath your makeup or lipstick or any kind of final product.
Primer is used before foundation to create a good and smooth base for your skin so that the applied makeup stays for a long time and does not look uneven or bumpy. However, what if we told you that there’s a product that gives you the benefit of both primer and foundation in one. That’s right, Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Perfect Cover Foundation is exactly that. A combination of primer and foundation in one. So, here’s a detailed review of this product to help you decide if you should buy it or not.
Lakme 9 to 5 primer ingredients
The ingredients are not mentioned anywhere on the packaging or on the official website of Lakme. Some ingredients are mentioned on the shopping page of Nykaa, one of the most popular cosmetics and makeup websites in India.
The ingredients are
Water, Colorants – Cyclopentasiloxane, Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77891, CI 77499, and CI 77492), Dimethicone.
It is highly advised to have a patch test of this product. This can be done by applying a small amount of product behind the ear, around the neck region. Wait for a while to see if any irritation occurs. If yes, then wash the product immediately using water. Gently pat with a towel to dry.
Features of Lakme 9 to 5 primer
- The foundation has a built-in primer and is matte.
- It gives a perfect and natural finish.
- Long-wearing formula with perfect coverage.
- The buildable coverage ranges from medium to high.
- Skin is protected from sun damage with SPF 20.
There are 16 different hues to choose from to suit various Indian skin tones.
Lakme 9 To 5 Primer Benefits
- The primer has a flowing texture and a light floral scent that doesn’t last too long, so it won’t irritate sensitive noses.
- It spreads readily on the skin because of its consistency. This lotion provides a matte finish while also removing pores.
- It has a medium to buildable coverage and a very smooth, natural finish, so it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything on your face. It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin at all.
- This primer foundation has a long wear time of 7-8 hours and is ideal for oily skin. Another advantage of this product is that it does not transfer a lot and is also water-resistant.
- One of the commendable features of this product is its ability to suit all skin tones. It’s a very rare sight and we are all for it.
- Has a built-in sunscreen for day wear so you won’t need to alter yourself with lots of sunblocks which does not last long and ruins the makeup as well.
- There are no remnants or oxidation left after application and the product looks perfectly natural after using it.
- You won’t need to invest in two different products as this will do the work of both a primer and foundation is the price and effort of one.
- The Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Perfect Cover Foundation has a matte finish. This means it will not be greasy and set perfectly well even on oily skin.
- The runny consistency of the product does not need anything else except your fingers to blend it. This means if you are not in your home and do not want to use a foreign brush or sponge, you won’t need to, your fingers will do the trick.
Lakme has long been chastised for having a narrower hue selection in their foundation makeup. Furthermore, the 4-5 shade range was insufficient for whitish to dark Indian complexion. Even the lightest hues had unnaturally chilly tones. This time, Lakme has nailed it with their new Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Perfect Cover Foundation, which comes in 16 shades. There are three types of undertones in this range: cold, warm, and neutral. In each category, you’ll discover tints ranging from light to dark.
Lakme 9To5 Primer + Matte Perfect Cover Foundation
the brand’s first foundation with an integrated primer for a smooth and uniform finish. It mixes in seamlessly and creates a flawless, natural appearance. Because it is buildable, this foundation provides medium to high coverage for your convenience and depending on the occasion. This foundation will keep your skin appearing natural and smooth throughout the day thanks to its SPF 20 and long-wear composition.
Lakme 9 To 5 Primer Uses
Before applying makeup, primer is used to produce a flat surface on your face. It can also be applied by itself to provide the impression of a smooth surface. Primer can help balance out skin tone and lessen the appearance of pores, fine wrinkles, and other imperfections. So, this product creates a perfect base for your makeup routine.
Also, since this product is a foundation with added benefits of a primer, this product evens out the skin tone and also conceals the spots and blemishes too.
How To Apply Lakme 9 to 5 primer
- Before you start applying the product to your face, make sure it’s free of dirt and impurities. It’s also crucial to wash your hands. You may be using your fingers to apply your primer and other cosmetics, so you don’t want to distribute dirt on your face.
- Moisturize your skin. While certain primers may have hydrating characteristics, their main goal is to make your makeup stay longer.
- Before using primer, make sure your moisturizer has had time to soak in and dry thoroughly. Wait a few minutes for the moisturizer to absorb if your skin feels dewy.
- On the back of your hand, squirt a pea-sized quantity of foundation. Apply the primer with a makeup sponge to the middle of your face and mix it outwards in gentle, circular strokes. The motion should be identical to that which you use to apply moisturizer. Apply the product evenly to your skin for a smooth, even finish. Make careful to mix it all the way up to your hairline and across your neck.
- Remember to take care of the skin around your eyes as well. If you’re not using a separate eyelid primer, lightly massage the primer over your lids to ensure that your eye makeup lasts all day.
- Once you have applied the product, set it by using a translucent compact powder.
Lakme 9To5 Primer Side Effects
Clogged pores: If you use makeup on a daily basis and leave it on your skin for an extended period of time, your skin pores may become blocked. This prevents your skin from breathing, making it more susceptible to acne, pimples, and other facial skin issues. You can also notice pimples around your eyes.
Aging: Premature aging indicators including wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots can be caused by leaving makeup on for prolonged periods of time combined with sun exposure. Additionally, if you don’t remove your makeup before bed, it can sneak into your pores, break down the elastin, and develop wrinkles.
Allergies: A patch test is highly recommended before using the product so as to check if the product causes any irritation on the skin. Some people may be allergic to some of the ingredients of the product. So, this step should not be skipped.
What Are The Pros and Cons Of Lakme 9To5 Primer
- The matte formula lasts a long time
- The primer has a silky texture
- It blends smoothly and has a low creasing factor
- There isn’t much of a flashback, and it appears amazing in the images
- Coverage is moderate but buildable.
- There is no list of ingredients
- In the light complexion group, there isn’t enough shade for neutral undertones
- Occasionally, open-mouth packaging causes messes and spills.
Shelf Life Of Lakme 9 To5 Primer
This product has a shelf life of 24 months.
Lakme 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Perfect Cover Foundation Product Description
This Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Perfect Cover Foundation is not an ordinary product. It’s not often you see a two-in-one product with enough shades to satisfy all skin colors. Here’s a description of this product:
- This product is a foundation with a matte finish plus a primer
- It also has an SPF 20
- Is long-lasting
- Has a total of 16 shades
- Meant to suit all kinds of Indian skin tones
- Blends well and looks like the skin tone
- For a smooth and even finish.
Packaging of Lakme 9 to 5 primer
In a translucent matte glass container, Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Perfect Cover Foundation is packaged. The rose-gold plastic lid has a flexible silicone spatula attached to it. While the makeup container looks great on your vanity, glass packaging requires extra caution when traveling.
Price Of Lakme 9To5 Primer
The product costs Rs. 475 for a quantity of 25 ml.
Local cosmetic stores, Lakme counters in major department stores, and beauty supply outlets all carry this foundation. You can also buy it on Nykaa, Amazon, Flipkart, and other online stores. Lakme goods are available on the majority of internet buying platforms. This foundation is available at a discount from Lakme. Buying online is the best solution if you know your shade. This method can help you save a lot of money.
Lakme And Its Wide Range
Lakmé, as a brand, continues to be distinct in its approach to the world of makeup and beauty, from being the current Indian beauty guru to being the flag-bearer of the newest cosmetics trends and designs that hit the runway.
This Indian makeup company was the first cosmetic firm in India to sell cosmetics to Indian women, and it has been the Indian beauty authority for over 65 years. It is a full-service beauty company that offers color cosmetics, skincare, and beauty treatments via a network of Lakmé Salons.
It has a wide range of all kinds of makeup products. From lipstick to eyeshadow to skincare products, the company has all kinds of skin products available. One of its highest-rated moisturizers, Lakme peach cream moisturizer is a product that is unbeatable in the Indian market.
its’ Liquid matte lip color and the 9 to 5 primer and foundation are easily the best selling and trending products in the market right now. Not to mention, the price of the products are well within our budget, unlike the international brands which make us sweat after hearing their prices.
Aside from its commendable range of products, Lakme also boasts a huge number of A-grade celebrities like Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor as their ambassadors.
And not only in the Indian market, but the firm also has its legs firmly placed in the international beauty and skincare market as well, performing on top in the fashion week year after year. So, it’s not a surprise when the primer cum foundation of this brand is so well received in the market.
Click Here:= Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Face Wash Review
Few Final Words
Primers are naturally one of the most important and unskippable steps of a makeup routine. They not only provide a smooth base for the makeup but also act as a barrier between your skin and the makeup with lots of harsh chemicals. So, before choosing any primer, you need to find out what’s the best in the market currently.
Of Course, you can go on the online market and find the top-rated product and buy it. But not all top-rated products are suitable for all kinds of skin. It is not sure that if a product is popular with a lot of people, it will be well received by your skin as well.
It’s common knowledge that everyone’s skin is different and to find the perfect cosmetic for yourself, you need to do thorough research. Make sure that you check the product description, whether it is waterproof, suitable for oily or dry skin, and matte finish or not as per your convenience.
And since this product is going to be used regularly, you need to make sure if it is paraben-free or not. Paraben is a highly toxic chemical if not used in the right quantity and can harm the skin as well as physical health in the long run as well.
So keeping all these factors in mind, finding a suitable primer is not an easy task. We hope that this Lakme 9 to 5 primer review and the below-mentioned FAQs will help you achieve your goal of finding the perfect product for your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Lakme 9 to 5 Primer Good for Dry Skin?
No, this product is not suggested for dry skin since it has a matte texture and if you put it on a dry face, it will look cakey. Since in the product description, a matte finish is mentioned which is used to regulate oil release of the skin, on dry skin the product will start to peel off after a while.
Hence, to get a more natural effect, those with dry skin should use a generous amount of moisturizer or face oil before using this product. Putting on a generous amount of moisturizer before applying the primer will allow more oil and moisture on the skin and hence the matte finish will not peel off after some time, but rather look natural and smooth.
Is Lakme 9 to 5 primer Good for Oily Skin?
This product is ideal for oily skin since it lowers the glossy appearance of oily skin and gives it a matte finish without seeming artificial or cakey. The matte finish specializes in controlling the oil release of the skin on the face.
You can wear the makeup for a longer time due to the matte finish of the product and there will be no excess sweat or grease on the skin. Hence Lake 9 to 5 primer is really good for oily skin.
Is Lakme 9 to 5 primer Good for Sensitive Skin?
Yes, this product is gentle on sensitive skin. It does not cause any discomfort or irritation as it is free from toxins like paraben and lead. The chemicals used in this product border on the natural side and no harsh chemicals or preservatives are used. This product gives a matte look along with pretty decent coverage.
Is Lakme 9 to 5 Primer Safe for Skin?
This dermatologist-tested, skin-friendly product is created using a particular hygiene base procedure to ensure that the skin is not irritated.
Is Lakme 9 to 5 primer Paraben Free?
There is no kind of paraben or lead mentioned in the ingredients list and the product description of this cosmetic also claims to be free from paraben. Therefore, the product is devoid of lead and parabens. It is absolutely non-toxic and does not affect the skin.
Is Lakme 9 to 5 primer Good for Skin?
Lakme 9 to 5 is a unique product in the sense of the functionality it provides. Along with its multiple uses, the product is also free from paraben and any other harsh chemicals, it has a built-in SPF and is suitable for oily as well as sensitive skin. Therefore, Lakme 9 to 5 is good for the skin.